Monday, February 10, 2014

The life of Bowen

Here lately my life consists of Bowen yelling one of the following at me

"BITE OF DAT" ( bite of that )
 "POO-POO"
"NACK ( snack )
"DINK" ( for drink )
"POBBY" ( potty )
"TEEF " (brushing his teeth which he is totally obsessed with)

He has become quite the talker. He knows what he wants and he is VERY vocal about it. Sometimes its all cute and sweet and other times he is screaming in public places and I am so embarrassed. It's something we are working on ! I just can't imagine where he could get his loud mouth trait from ;) 

From about the time he turned 15 months old Bowen has become a complete Mommy's Boy. I am not exaggerating when I say he will not let Casey or anyone else do anything for him if I am in the room. He constantly is telling me "hold you" which is so not like him. He has always been my baby on the go. I secretly am loving every minute of this Mommy's boy phase. I know eventually there will come a time that loving on mom will be the last thing on his mind so for now as long as he wants me I'm there.

We started potty training on January 12th. The first day he did tee-tee and poo-poo on the potty but he also had many accidents. Resolve became my best friend and once again Bowen was teaching me patience. Day 2, 3 , 4 , 5 there were less accidents each day and more successful potty breaks ! Day 6 was the first day with ZERO accidents ! In the beginning I would set a timer and I would take him every 20 minutes, once I saw he was learning to hold it at the 20 min time frame we moved it to 30 minutes and so on and so forth.  We are now about a month into it and I only take him once every hour unless he tells me he need to go " pobby ".  He tells us that he needs to go about 75 percent of the time. The other times I ask and he will tell us no-no or pobby. He definitely recognizes when he has an accident, He will constantly say Uh-Oh over and over ! Right now at 15 1/2 months old I would say Bowen might have an accident every couple of days. its mostly when he's sitting in his high chair.  None the less, I am very proud of my baby boy for doing so well at a young age.

I am in love with this age. Bowen is my little sponge. It seems as if he learns something daily, honestly its amazing!  I never knew that my heart could be filled with so much joy. It's so hard for me to see my little man as a little boy and not so much a baby anymore ! I miss holding him and believe it or not middle of the night snuggles. I feel like in the moment of those late night feeds you are exhausted and don't really enjoy the experience to its fullest. But little do you know that your sweet baby is growing faster than you can blink and you WILL miss all the little things. Baby fever is starting to set in !! However I'm not ready to give up time with Bowen just yet. God has a plan for our family and I know that when its time to have baby Nowetner number 2 he will let us know. It's more than exciting to see what the future has in store for Bowen and our little family.








XoXo - Lacey -





No comments:

Post a Comment