Thursday, December 20, 2012

Yogi Bear Park !

MeMe planned a trip to Yogi Bear Park as part of Bowen and his cousins Drake and Hunter's Christmas present for the weekend of December 15th. None of us had ever been there but several of our friends have been with their kids and just love it, so we were excited to give it a try! It's only about an hour and 10 minutes from our house so we all loaded up in the Tahoe and headed out after everyone got off work Friday. When I say we were packed in the Tahoe like sardins that is a UNDERSTATEMENT ! We had stuff everywhere and no one could move !! Crazy, I know ...but that fits me and my family :) Ha-Ha.

Saturday morning we got up and went to say the Plege of Alleigence with Yogi Bear...Drake and Hunter were not to pleased with Yogi... Bowen isnt yet aware that a talking Bear is scary so he was good! Drake and Hunter would say Bye Bye to Yogi but there was not going to be a smiling picture taken lol. Then we made a gingerbread sled cookie and Yogi read a story while we made our cookie. Drake and Hunter were so funny doing this, they just wanted to eat the cookie !!! Hunter basically ate all his gum drops before the sled was built. Needless to say they enjoyed it. All of the staff just couldn't get enough of the twins. I helped Bowen make his cookie ( Yes, Bowen is very talented and 2 months he made the best cookie of all ;) ) Then we made a Yogi Bear ornament, which I will treasure forever ! I know Bowen won't remember this trip at all, but I will and knowing that I am doing the very best I can and spending quality time with my baby boy is all that matters. Next was a hayride with Yogi , except we couldn't sit with Yogi because the twins just weren't going to let that happen lol.Then that evening we had movie night outside on a big screen and S'mores :) Bowen slept through the movie but Drake and Hunter watched about an hour of it . They were all too cute !

Then Sunday morning we were supposed to have a pancake breakfast with Santa but we missed Santa :( .. The boys didn't seem to mind though... They just loved their pancakes! After that we hit the road and headed home. It was a fun weekend and we will definitely go back to Yogi Bear Park. There was just so much for kids and the staff was so sweet and into the kids. I enjoyed time with Meme, Ashley and Drake and Hunter. I'm so glad that Bowen will grow up and be close with his cousins. There will never be anything better than Family so I hope Drake, Hunter , Bowen and soon to be Luke stay best friends through life. It will be so neat to watch all these boys grow together.

Thank you MeMe for the trip. Everyone had a blast and can not wait to do it again.. Love you !

















No comments:

Post a Comment